Monday, May 2, 2011

Just another Manic Monday....

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay....

Ok ok, I get it. That's probably a little much for you to take in on this blissfully sublime day. But it is still fabulous, and I feel like singing. However, much like me, most of you are probably in your office, cursing out each person (in-between songs of course) that walks by the window. Secretly wishing you were them, trust me I want to be out there too, this sunshine is addictive! But since I can't, I am looking forward to reliving my weekend through this post!

WARNING-I ran in to quite a few dullards this weekend! Be prepared!

Dillard of the day-

So we have all walked down a strip mall, and have spotted one of these horrendous traps:

Once your child sees this, you know you are about to hear a parade of questions!! So you do everything you can to steer clear and avoid the nasty, germ infested thing that is called a "toy."

Well, I didn't have to avoid it this time. As we were walking by this thing, a woman ran up to the toy. She looked at me and Ava and said, "No kid, is gonna use this right? Hope not! Now, I can plug in my phone."
Folks, this woman unplugged the toy, and sat on the toy car and waited while it charged.

With a Starbucks a few doors down, it was very humoring to know that she would rather play in a child’s toy car and wait for her phone to juice up, than just get a coffee and enjoy an adult atmosphere...some people, folks, some people. Either way it was a sight to see....

Ok, well on to the next!

Well, we took the little to a new park this weekend. The G4 app "iwant" hooked it up with surrounding parks, so we are on a mission to find the best in the area. We went to a park in the Foothill/Cupertino neck of the woods. It was awesomely amazing. And the kid loved it too. 

However we did make a few interesting observations:

Like this one....Can you spot what's wrong with this picture??


Need some help!? This picture is a little hard to see, but if you look closely this man is carrying a red gas can. WHY?? That friends is a good question. After they walked around the same circle a few times the woman jumped on a purple toy dinosaur and the couple left! UM What the hell is going on?

To top off our trip to this park...we witnessed a man, looking like this:


Pull off a drug deal, to a woman looking like this:


YES! YOU TWO! IT WAS THAT OBVIOUS. REALLY? THAT HAPPENED?

So, though it was a very nice park, I'm thinking there are more wholesome ones out there!


Well, folks besides that and the death of Osama, it was quite a great weekend!! It is nice to see that our American people still unite, and are able to stick together to get a task done. But please be aware we are at even more of a risk for attack now, so just keep your eyes open; be aware of the people around you. By using that in every instance, you will be able to see things that are generally blind to most people. So, turn off your phone, and your Pandora, and just listen and watch. You'll be amazed!

Sorry friends for rambling today, but being that your at the "Daily Ramblings" site what did you expect??
However, I have to get the hell out of here; the sunshine is calling my name!
 If you want one amazing recipe for Hawaiian Burgers, you know where to find me. It is ultra refreshing in this heat!  

XOXO,

DDemur

And I'm still singing:



No comments:

Post a Comment