Thursday, May 5, 2011

Freebie...


I've been busy friends. Extremely busy!!! But you know what that means! I have a lot to talk about. So snuggle up we have some good things for you today!

As a mother, I wear many different hats. I am a mother (which is always comes first), friend, confidante, baker, nurse, teacher, transporter, and at times I feel as if I am part of the HAZMAT too!! Needless to say, I enjoy each role and look forward to taking on more, as my Ava Bava gets older.  

Yesterday I was baker, you see, its teacher appreciation week at Ava's school. We love her teachers. All of them! 
So here is your DO for the day: Ava and I made Pink Lemonade cupcakes, garnished lemon butter cream icing and mini umbrellas.  Super easy, and a super refreshing treat. They came out um.... Amazing! And the teachers were absolutely floored! Here's what we brought!


While the cupcakes were baking Ava drew thank you cards to her teachers. When finished she looked at me and said, "I have a kind heart mommy." I almost teared up. (Um, excuse me but: This little girl is amazing in every way possible) Before she gave me the chance to cry though she grabbed a cupcake and enjoyed it to the einth degree! Check it out! That folks, is a kind heart!



After playing the role of maid, and cleaning up the crumbs that Mila missed, we went for a walk. While enjoying the beautiful 80 degree weather we stumbled on this find. Even Mila knows something is wrong with this picture!


As if you didn't know this is a DON'T. It's May! Where did that thing even come from? Was there a martinlutherpresidentsvalentinessaintatrickseasterday tree or something? Or was it just someone's laziness and now they have decided to let the rest of the community deal with this fire hazard??? Just lame.

To wrap up this you will never guess what happened to me tonight!!
For those of you who laughed with Ross and Rachel, I am sure you remember the episode in which there is a "freebie list" basically you get 5 celebrities to (uh hum, earmuffs little ones) sleep with. Watch this I am sure you will remember it! (sorry the video wouldn't work on my page and I'm sleepy!!) 


It was exactly like the show. You know the "list" will always change a little for a man, but once it's laminated there's no changing it! I've been told that I look like Michelle Pfeiffer when she was younger so, babe, this I will take as a compliment. Still it's a little scary how this all went down...
Michelle Pfeiffer on my J's "list".  Having a chill night at work he looks up and Bam! Who walks in for dinner the blonde hair, blue-eyed beauty! He immediately called me with the "freebie list" reference, and then I realized crap!!! Thank God for Mommy Juice and cupcakes!

Sweet Dreams!

DDemure 

1 comment: